Factor Design Build is more than just a remodeling contractor: we provide one-stop service for the entire renovation. Factor offers a streamlined approach to the design-build process, and a fixed-cost pricing model ensures that our clients enjoy the experience of designing and building their dream projects. This is how we embrace our core purpose of creating spaces that improve people’s lives.
At Factor, we strive to embody five core values: Persistence, Genuineness, Balance, Humble & Fun. These five values are the basis of our culture and the guiding principles we follow to deliver the highest level of value and best possible experience to our clients and our employees.
The Opportunity: PROJECT ARCHITECT
Reporting to the Design Team Lead, the Project Architect will establish creative direction for all designs of an architectural nature. You will be responsible for designing customized projects ranging from medium home remodels to major home renovations and additions or custom new builds. The Project Architect is partnered with an Interior Designer on most projects and will work closely with other members of the Factor Team. You will need to collaborate with our Clients, Sales Team, Pre-Construction Team, and Construction Team and coordinate any outside consultants as required for each unique project.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assume a leadership role on individual projects and within the Design Team
- Guide clients through all phases of the Design Process. This will include performing code research, conducting client presentations, selecting all architectural materials, producing plan sets for permit and construction, and communicating project schedules to the Client and Design Team Lead.
- Maintain Core Value Culture in the Design Team and provide guidance and training to less experienced design staff
- Manage and navigate all permitting processes with the jurisdictions of our work areas. Research, document, and apply all building, zoning, and energy code compliance requirements for each project.
- Develop, draft, and model plan set for construction, and produce all technical documentation needed for architectural details. Prepare drawing sets for permit submittals, estimating, and construction issuances.
- Specify all architectural materials for projects (doors, windows, exterior, and building materials); research and implement the usage of new materials and methods
- Maintain and enhance the architectural materials catalog and samples library
- Hire and manage all outside consultants to the milestones and deadlines of the Design Schedule; Typical coordination includes surveying, structural engineering, and preparing energy compliance paths (HERS/Manual J).
- Provide on-site QA/QC walks throughout the construction process.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is intelligent, organized, and articulate. You can effectively and respectfully communicate with our Clients and the Factor Team. You can work directly with clients and share their vision while providing input, guidance, expertise, and inspiration. You have an extensive background in architectural design and are well versed in both the creative and technical aspects of home design. You are independent yet a collaborative team player. You are flexible, resilient, and adaptable, with the ability to effectively balance changing priorities.
- 7+ years experience in architectural design, specialization in residential is a plus.
- Experience giving client presentations and ability to communicate design ideas
- Ability to interface with multiple disciplines involved in each project: Clients, Sales Team, Design Team, Construction Team, Outside Consultants, and Trade Partners
- Proficient to expert in Revit modeling & drafting
- Proficient in architectural/design software: Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, Revit/BIM360/Autodesk Suite
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Advanced understanding of producing working drawings and organizing plan sets
- Advanced knowledge of 2015-2020 IRC, IECC, and IBC
- Ability to research and determine zoning and land use codes and to understand and develop a permitting strategy and timeline
- Familiarity with local jurisdictions’ permitting process, including the City of Denver, City of Boulder, Boulder County, Greenwood Village, Cherry Hills Village, City of Golden, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (or similar field)
- NCARB, AIA preferred
- Good listener with emotional intelligence and maturity
- Creative and passionate about all aspects of design
- A curious person
- Motivated problem solver
- Good planning and time management skills
- Ability to operate with autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Adapts to changing priorities gracefully and professionally
Why do you want this?
Your heart, mind, and soul are entrepreneurial: the Project Architect at Factor Design Team leads their projects with a high degree of ownership and accountability. You can identify potential issues early on and plan a strategy to overcome them.
Factor Design Build is a leader: Factor Design Build selects great clients who want to create unique projects. Our Design Team is fully integrated with our Construction Team with a shared goal of bringing the client’s vision into reality. Our open office layout promotes collaboration, conversation, and teamwork to drive results.
Total Rewards: Pay will vary depending on someone’s experience and successes.
- The company provides competitive benefits (health, dental, and fully vested 401K with a 4% company match, in addition to Team specific monthly allowances)
- Flexible hours and remote work opportunities
Factor Design Build is based in the Sunnyside neighborhood of Denver, Colorado–5 minutes from Coors Field, RiNo, LoDo, and LoHi. Our project locations are all within a 30-minute drive from the office.
How do I apply?
It’s easy… send your resume to:
Andy Roads | Head of Search Ops
Integrated People Solutions
Phone: (414) 708-1268
IPS is the USA Partner of Kennedy Executive Search & Consulting, a Partner network of executive search boutique firms in Europe and The Americas.
Amsterdam / Barcelona / Brussels / Budapest / Copenhagen / Denver / Frankfurt/ Madrid / Mexico City / Miami / Milan / Monaco / Munich / Paris / Prague / Salzburg / Sao Paulo / Zurich